Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A disturbing service or a business

Riding motor-bikes, having fun in the park, walks and hikes are common outdoor activities we do with our kids to sooth them, though there are not enough outdoor parks in Male’. Like many others, I use to do them too. Obviously the most common outdoor parks or places suitable for kids in Male’ are Artificial beach and the children’s park in Henveyru.

But taking my kid to any of these places sometimes makes her fussy and I have to end up in an unnecessary spending. Because what greet you when you enter or by pass the gate of any of these places would be a big tree or fountain of fancy toys, balloons, balls and whatever is suitable to catch the sight of a kid is will be hanging on that mess. So, as a beginning, something, something that catches the attention of the kid has to be bought from there before the rest of the things.

Kids may fall to things though they have it. A kid may cry for a more colorful ball even if he/she has a ball. They may want something just because other kids have it. On top of all these, kids mostly have a short attention span. What I buy in the park may be useless when I come back. She might have lost interest on it. So, I end up in wastage.

On the other hand, if a kid fails to get what he/she wanted so much, she/he will somehow express her displeasure, anger or frustration. I will be at the edge of messing up the happy evening I thought about. But if I am lucky enough, I may be able to turn away her attention to something else which may stop the sulking and spouting.

Whatever the way it turns out, it is a simple headache to meet this fight every time I go to these places with my kid. Selling ‘fart’ shaped balloons and balls shouldn’t be welcomed at these places. I am sure there would be others who are on the same ship as mine.
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment